First Out of the Country

December 2010, we went to Hong Kong and Macau. It was my first time leaving our country, so the thirteen-year-old me cannot hide her excitement. I believe I didn’t sleep. It was also my first time flying.

When we arrived at the airport I immediately compared Hong Kong to our country. The way they obeyed the simple rules was what I liked to the citizens like the escalator etiquette—walk on the left and stand on the right side. Many Filipinos don’t know that I bet. Also before crossing the road you still have to wait for the traffic light to signal you that it’s okay now to cross even there are no cars.

On our first day we went to the hotel to put our belongings, then we headed to Macau by ferry. It was also my first time riding a boat and I didn’t like my experience because of motion sickness.
We strolled around the city first.

The picture you see above is the Ruins of St. Paul’s. Then we headed next to Venetian Mall.

I love the interior and exterior design of the mall especially the ceiling. It looks like an enchanted ceiling of Hogwarts—bewitched to look like the sky outside. I was really fascinated by it. We didn’t try the gondola ride because it was expensive and we had no time. After that, we went to City of Dreams.

I don’t know what was that we watched but I loved it! It was a 360 degree 4D show. I really enjoyed it. It was an amazing experience.

This is an egg tart in Macau. It became my favorite ever since I tasted it. (Credits to the owner of this photo.)

Then we headed back to our hotel in Hong Kong. My sister and I went outside to find a convenience store. When we were inside of 7/11, she suddenly craves for Nai cha so we went to find a tea store. Then our feet brought us to the night market. We got lost heading back to our hotel. We couldn’t remember the street.

Some of the taxi drivers do not want to take us in because it was only a short walk from where we were and some were just pointing us the way. We tried finding the street again but we gave up because we were exhausted and it was already late at night. We have no choice but try a cab again. Finally, we found a kind taxi driver. It was funny when we saw how stupid we were for passing the street several times when we were walking. LOL.
The next day, we strolled around the city in Hong Kong.

I don’t know what’s wrong with my nose but I didn’t like the smell of the place. It seemed like I was the only one who had a problem because I was the only one who keeps on covering my nose. After a city tour, we went to the happiest place on earth—the Disneyland!

I enjoyed the rides,

the parade of all Disney characters,

the show,

and the fireworks. (I only have the video of it).

And I will never forget these noodles.

The smell, ugh, I couldn’t take it. I was holding my breath while we were eating.

After this, we went to the night market again, this time with our parents to buy some things. 
And on our last day, we spent it buying souvenirs.

No comments